52 Weeks of Mail

52 Weeks of Mail

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Sneak Attack!


I was recently the 'vicitm' of a etsy Sneak Attack. It is something sponsered by http://www.handmademovement.com/ and three days a week at an appointed time, an Etsy shop with few or no sales is announced on this site. As many people as possible then buy items from that shop, resulting in a frenzy of surprise business to the unsuspecting shop! I was the chosen one on February 20th.


I became aware of it when I went to check my e-mail right before me, my hubby, and 22 month old daughter were about to leave for dinner. When I clicked my e-mail and saw that I had 22 messages from Etsy my heart stopped. My first thought was that it was a malfunction, because they were all within a minute apart. Then I feared it was a spammer who was buying my cards, but not paying for them (I've heard about someone being a victim to that recently)...but then I saw the Paypal notification. Okay...breathe...breathe, what the heck is going on! When I clicked on HappyClouds e-mail and read that I was a 'victim' I was estatic, floored, and flattered. As an artist, you want your things to be admired by others, to be validated some way. And this little message showed me that I had a product out there that people wanted!


So after I came back from dinner (oh yeah, and a Jewelry party) I got busy creating some of the orders that were ordered from my custom listing (already sold cards that people can buy and get custom made to fit their style). Needless to say it was a busy weekend...but I was floating on cloud nine!


Thank you all who participated in the sneak attack, and thank you Handmade movement. You made a gals day! :)

1 comment: